Friday, July 4, 2008

What did I sign up for??

Well, here I am in my first year of Triathlon, how I got here, I'm not quite sure. I started running to lose baby weight, that led to numerous 5K's, which then let to strength training, and just plain ol' "working out". BORING! So, upped my anty to longer distances, and set some goals to train for. Jumped into 1/2 Marathon's, and we all know where that led......the almighty Marathon. Well, that's just too boring. Bought a bike - a nice bike. Love my bike. So, why not train for a Triathlon? Cool! Here I am a year later - joined a triathlon team, the "Luna Chix" - love them!! An awesome group of women getting ouside to play. The perfect compliment to my life, actually. So, with outfurther ado, did my first Tri in Naperville a few weeks ago, now I'm really hooked. Leads me to this -

So, a friend of mine convinced me to sign up for the Accenture Triathlon downtown. No, not just the sprint distance, the international distance. Why not just go for it my first year? So I ask myself, what did I just sign up for?? I know I can do the bike, I know I can do the run, but that swim, man!!! Not so sure about that! Everyone keeps telling me I'll be fine (the same enouraging words I heard before Naperville - and they were right - but that was basically a pool - this is Lake Michigan...) I am working hard to train for this, and oh by the way, the Marathon in October, too, and a 1/2 Marathon in August. Maybe I'm crazy, or maybe I'm just addicted to adrenaline. Who knows. All I know this that this damn swim is going to make me crazy, and a nervous wreck. Suppose some open water swim practice might just come in handy. Anyone out there have a wetsuit?? Maybe that's what I should get for my birthday.......

1 comment:

MJ said...

Welcome to the sport!! You are definitely capable of doing an Olympic this year. We will get out to the lake...AND we'll get you a wetsuit!! I think I see an Ironman in your future!